This is an article where I have listed few of the SAP function
Modules, which are available in the system and can be used
for various purposes, Some of them are left undocumented,
which are left for further exploration. User may explore
them and find out how useful they can be for their purposes.
1 .WS_DOWNLOAD: File transfer from internal table
into presentation server file.
2. WS_UPLOAD: File transfer from presentation server
file to internal table. This function Module transfers file
from workstation to SAP System. Pass on the name of ASCII
file user wants to upload and that gets uploaded in memory.
3. WS_EXECUTE: This function can be used to execute
any executable program from your presentation server to
4. WS_FILE_COPY: This function takes destination
file name and source file name as parameters and then copies
existing file to the new file.
5. TH_CREATE_MODE: This function creates another
session in your system with the transaction passed as parameter
to the function module.
6. SYSTEM_DEBUG_BREAKPOINTS / RS_DELETE_BREAKPOINT:
The First function module returns the number of breakpoint
there in the Program with the line number on which the break
point is set. Another Function uses the earlier Function
7. EDITOR_SYNTAX_CHECK: This can be used to check
if they're in any syntax error in the program code.
8. SAPWL_REPORT_TCODE_TEXT_COPY: the Function module
returns the Description / text for transaction or report
name passed as an input parameter.
9. RS_DYNPRO_UPLOAD/DOWNLOAD: We can upload and
download screens also the way we upload and download reports
With the help of these functions.
10. RS_HELP_SELSCREEN: This function calls the specified
11. RS_ALL_SELECTIONSCREENS: This function returns
the selection screen for the report program.
12. RS_WARNING_BOX: This function displays pop-up
warning window for the situation gives and with the text.
If situation = ' ' it displays the text passed by user otherwise
it takes the text specified in the function module. It displays
the message after the user selects either of the condition
13. RSPO_PROCESS_FRONTEND_JOBS: The function Module
processes the entire spool request for the foreground jobs
for any terminal.
17. SO_DYNP_SHORT_MESSAGE: This function initiates
the E-mail sender window and sends the mail to user passed
as a parameter.
18. SO_DYNP_OBJECT_SEND/SO_GOTO_SEDN_DYNP: the function
calls the screen where user selects the user name from the
drop down menu and sends the message.
19. SO_INBOX_ENTRIES_COUNT: SAPuser whose inbox
is to be viewed has to passed as a parameter and this function
counts read/unread/Total messages in the inbox.
20. SO_FAX_DATA_DYNPRO: This function module is
used to send fax via SAP System.
22. SO_RECEIVER_CHECK: The function checks if the
user exists or not.
29. POPUP_WITH_WARNING: The Function can be
used to display a warning and continue the job with 2 lines
of display text and an option button to continue.
30.POPUP_FOR_INTERACTION: The popup gives user 3 option
buttons and 6 lines of text for display on the screen and
the advantage is user can change the display Icon according
to Requirement (W: Warning, I: Information, E: Error) etc.
31. POPUP_TO_DECIDE: User gets 3 lines of text and
3 options to choose from (YES/NO/CANCEL).
32. POPUP_TO_DECIDE_WITH_MESSAGE: user gets 6 lines
of message to be displayed on the screen with 3 option button
same as above.
this function module user can pass on any string value to
the program with 3 lines of text and 2 options.
34. POPUP_TO_GET_VALUE: This function can
be used in a program to return some value to user through
a popup on the screen.
This function gives 2 lines of text and 2 option buttons
36. POPUP_TO_CONFIRM_DATA_LOSS: the function can
be used as information window with a system defined message
37. CHANGEDOCUMENT_READ_POSITIONS: The function
module is used to return the old/new values of the amended
purchase order by passing the change no. / Table name (that's
Modified) and the Table Key (Concatenated Field that had
client id + Purchase Order no + Purchase Item etc).
It will return all the changes made if we pass on the change
Look at table CDPOS / CDHDR for the values to be passed.
38. Z_BATCH_CHAR: The function module returns
most of the batch characteristics passing the material and
batches no. The function is used in many reports to improve
39. SAPGUI_PROGRESS_INDICATOR / Z_PROGRESS:
These function modules can be used to display a Progress
bar while the Program is in execution.
40. SAPGUI_SET_FUNCTIONCODE: Set a function code
and continue processing (To be explored)
41. SAPGUI_EXPLORER_INPUT / OUTPUT: Has to
be explored (not activated in our system) May be of vital
importance for Programming.
41: CUSL_BATCH_HAS_VALUES: (To be explored further)
Import parameter Ref. field/struc
MATERIAL MARA-MATNR *
CLASSTYPE KLAH-KLART *
BATCH_TABLE TCLA-OBTAB *
LANGUAGE SY-LANGU (EN)
(*) Is mandatory entry.
42. CLSE_SELECT_AUSP: Database access for table
Import parameter Ref. field/struc
44. CLSE_SELECT_CABNT: Read and buffer CABNT entries
for classification system
49. REQUIREMENTS_DISPLAY_CHAR: Display of characteristic
values in plnd indep. Reqmts /purchasing
50. WS_FILENAME_GET: This function makes the
windows browsing utility opened through SAP Program and
user can browse through the presentation server to locate
any file, providing the extension mask.
51. WS_FILE_DELETE: The function can be used to
delete files from the presentation layer with windows operating
system, providing the file name to be deleted.